The Northwestern Health Unit is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
The Northwestern Health Unit only collects personal health information needed to provide public health programs and to plan and evaluate our services. The main (but not only) legislation that allows us to do this is the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990.
We collect personal health information about you from you or from the person acting for you. The information that we collect can include:
- Date of birth.
- Health history.
- Records of your visits to the Health Unit.
- Care that you received during your visits.
We use and disclose your personal health information to:
- Treat and care for you.
- Plan, deliver and manage our services.
- Compile statistics (names are not disclosed).
- Share information with your other health care providers.
- Meet legal requirements.
You have the right to:
- See and correct your personal health records.
- Tell us you want to withdraw your consent for some of the ways we use your information.
- We make sure your information is not lost, stolen or used by someone that should not have access.
- We also make sure it is kept private and is stored and/or disposed of in a secure way.
- We ensure that everyone that performs services for us protects your privacy and only uses your health information in the way you have agreed it can be used.
You can reach him:
By phone: (807) 468-3147 or 1-800-830-5978.
Northwestern Health Unit
210 First Street, North
By email: email@example.com
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, ON M4W 1A8
Telephone: 416-326-3333 or 1-800-387-0073